To mark the 47th consecutive donation from the Sunshine Appeal, we donated £2000 to the SOS Children’s Village in Skopje, Macedonia. It has 12 family houses which provide shelter, care and education for 84 children without parents or parental care. There were 67 children aged between 2 and 15 in the care of the village under 12 “SOS mothers”.
The donation from the Sunshine Appeal was used to:
- Cover medical expenses for 20 children with regular medical therapy;
- Purchase a washing machine for an SOS House.
- Buy football lessons for 20 children.
- Cover educational support for the children.
- Buy solar panels for an SOS House to help make the village more sustainable.
The fans visited a family home in the Village, where they met SOS mother Divna, who has raised fourteen children. They were showed around the properties which have been well maintained and clearly looked after by the children and the mothers. There was also time for a friendly game of football on the Village playground.
Everywhere We Go!